Position Details: Senior Scrum Master
About the job
The Senior Scrum Master role will serve as a facilitator for agile teams, but they are also the point person responsible for understanding the big development picture of each sprint. This role will bridge the needs of product management, operations, and product development working closely with the product owner to assist in story development and translate epics, stories, and other items on the sprint list into actionable tasks for developers.
This role will assign and delegate tasks appropriately, ensuring the team’s work aligns with priorities and the overall schedule and ensuring the team is fully deployed and not idle. This role will communicate effectively and quickly addresses any issues to maximize productivity and speedily deliver value to customers. In addition, this role is responsible to uphold our core values: Ethics, Engagement, and Excellence.
They serve the product owner by:
- Making sure everyone on the team understands the project’s goals and scope.
- Assist in story development and requirements gathering
- Develop use cases for acceptance criteria
- Helping the product owner maintain the product backlog.
- Facilitating Scrum events (daily standups, other meetings) as needed.
- Keep the product owner up to date on the progress of the scrum team’s projects
They serve the development team by:
- Coaching the development team in agile methods, self-organization, and independence to remove their own impediments when able
- Helping to answer business requirement/solution questions and remove obstacles to the developers’ progress.
- Facilitate Scrum events (daily standups, other meetings) as needed.
- Conduct QA manual testing to support the sprint and as needed assist with UAT.
- Experience with successful Agile techniques
- Prior experience in leading a scrum team
- Ability to analyze and think quickly and to resolve conflict
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Strong communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction
- Translate client’s business needs into detailed business requirements documents, use cases and systems interaction diagrams.
- Lead requirement gathering sessions and subsequent documentation independently
- Solid experience writing epics/features/stories/tests
- Familiar with software development cycle and quality assurance methodologies.
- Minimum of BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject.
- 4-7 years’ experience as a Scrum Master
- Prior experience as a subject matter expert or business analyst
- Mentor, lead, and train other team members