Position Details: Sr UI Engineer - 1328245O
Requirements for Sr UI Engineer in PD Foundations
Communication skills are huge. I’m looking for someone who is completely confident talking technical speak to non-technical folks. I’d like to throw out more scenario, problem-solving questions to potential applicants.
Need to have:
- NodeJS or other UI development skills
- Python (intermediate scripting, does not need to be developer level)
- AWS (Cloudformation, EC2, Cloudwatch, SNS, Lambda)
- Jenkins DSL/Pipeline construction
- Linux systems administration
- New Relic (not just what it is, but how to configure alerts/policies, best practices, etc)
- Experience with UI Design
- Experience with Front-End Design
Very nice to have:
- React (or other front end experience)
- New AWS Tools like AWS Glue or Database migration services would be neat too. These would be for consulting work for other teams.
- Splunk experience
- Any AWS Certifications.
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Invision or other design tools is a plus.
The DevOps/UI Engineer partners with software engineering to ensure that our platforms can be created using UI design standards and has knowledge of DevOps standards for deployment. The candidate will automate operational processes including building and maintaining tools for deployment, monitoring and operations where they don’t already exist.
Scope & Responsibilities
- Drive improvement of technical processes across Product teams to improve delivery,
- availability, and production readiness for platforms.
- Drive creation of Front-End Design for tools within our Foundation teams utilizing UI design standards.
- Develop and follow operational best practices for tools and automation development. Including: Style guides, versioning practices, source control, branching and merging patterns and advising other engineers on development standards.
- Develop and advocate for Operations best practices, standards and processes.
- Support, maintain and upgrade the existing configuration management environment .
- Help evaluate, build and deploy tools to assist with deployment framework required for each EP platform.
- Develop solutions in alignment with departmental goals, SLA’s for availability, scalability and resiliency. Help develop strategies for zero down time deployments and patching.
- Work with teams to identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement in the deployment and build processes.
- Practice and mentor other engineers in continuous improvement, identifying and remediating manual actions and processes.
- Help troubleshoot issues and work with the team to address root cause to minimize the chance of a second occurrence.
- Find opportunities to automate as part of the problem management process,
- creating automation to avoid issues.
BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent relevant experience.
Experience in Linux Administration, Engineering and Automation.
Experience developing, delivering and operating modern cloud platforms / large scale distributed systems.
- Experience with UI Design.
- Experience working with revision control systems including Git.
- Experience working in Agile teams and project teams.
- Automation background in multiple scripting languages.
- Direct experience with Ansible, Puppet, Chef or similar Configuration Management tools.
- Cloud automation experience with Terraform, CloudFormation or similar.
- Hands on experience with delivering and managing solutions on AWS, Azure and/or GCP.
- Experience working in a matrix organization in a role that influences change though leadership.
- Production experience with containers, container runtimes (i.e. Kubernetes), and/or serverless technologies.
- Desire to learn and continually improve self and others though knowledge sharing.