Position Details: Sr Software Engineer - 1258999E
Cloud Pipelines and ToolsAs a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer (Senior Software Engineer II) working in Client’s Global Technology Cloud Acceleration department, you will bring a passion for delivering a platform that enables Client to ship at scale the services and applications powering its premium consumer experiences. We build and support a variety of tools that solve common cloud computing and continuous delivery problems. Engineer responsibilities include the following:
- Build and maintain shared Ubuntu Linux and Docker images for use across the enterprise.
- Build and maintain shared cloud infrastructure tooling.
- Maintain custom tools for creating application machine images.
- Write reusable, tested, and efficient software code and scripts.
- Write automated tests to validate changes, and manually test those changes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems and code defects.
- Use a variety of tools to manage source code, builds, and deployments.
- Provide technical support for tools and systems owned by the team.
- Be an active participant in team meetings and processes, like design and code reviews.
Candidates should have the following experience and skills:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
- Professional experience working as a software engineer, system administrator, network administrator, or other related position.
- Extensive experience with Linux operating system, scripting, and tools.
- Experience writing Python computer programming language.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with business partners and other engineers.
- History of continual learning about technical subjects.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Puppet or Chef.
- Experience with tools like Git, Jenkins and Artifactory.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines. Knowledge of or experience with some of the following:
- Information security best practices.
- Public cloud infrastructure like AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- Infrastructure as code using tools like CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, or EKS.
- Monitoring tools like New Relic or SignalFx.
- Log aggregation tools like Splunk.
- DATABASE DESIGN
- PROJECT MANAGER
- TEST PLANS
- APPLICATION SUPPORT
- PROBLEM SOLVING