Position Details: Cognos Analytics/(TM1)Administrator -1294700E
In the role of Senior Cognos/Planning Analytics System Engineer, you will be responsible for optimizing the Client’s applications on its Cognos enterprise platforms. Specifically, you will provide technical engineering and support for client, server, and network hardware; offer technical support and administer packaged applications and software; give operational support such as troubleshooting and resolving complex application and report content issues; provide technical security support; create and maintain automated deployment processes; oversee technical vendor relationships; provide system monitoring and performance tuning. coordinate and execute environment builds and advance augmented analytics capabilities; you will participate in work planning and execution using SAFE agile processes.
Senior position, the you will provide leadership, including providing training to staff by participating in work planning, process development, resource optimization, goal setting, and coaching of other staff
The candidate’s responsibilities are as follows
- Create solutions for large and complex data-driven applications (35%)
- Contribute to cloud migration of Cognos Analytics applications from on premise infrastructure to Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- Manage Cognos Analytics major upgrade, install Cognos Analytics for North America distribution center, install Cognos Analytics for Europe distribution centers, install Cognos Analytics for China distribution centers, and install and configure Splunk, Newrelic on Linux and Windows servers; and
- Define the scope, assumptions, and dependencies related to Cognos Analytics system performance.
- Perform reconciliation and test cases of developed solutions (10%)
- Carry out performance and connectivity testing for the Cognos Analytics application to various data storage instances, which have moved from “On Premises” to AWS cloud; and
- Prepare test cases and regression testing before and after Cognos Analytics upgrades and patching.
- Develop automated testing suites using the Cognos SDK
- Design, develop, and support application solutions leveraging Cognos Analytics (15%)
- Take responsibility of the overall performance and continual improvement of Cognos Analytics Platform and optimize application capacity by coordinating with key stakeholders in business-facing development teams; and
- Meet the IBM Cognos vendor contacts on a regular basis to analyze and resolve software upgrades, functionality issues, and health assessment activities.
- Identify and resolve issues regarding escalation (5%)
- Perform immediate troubleshooting of urgent and critical issues that have a business impact; and
- Support offshore team in resolving Cognos related issues.
- Assess and resolve problems in existing applications (5%)
- Perform Cognos production support functions such as Root Cause Analysis (RCA);
- Undertake Problem Management by resolving unknown causes of incidents; and
- Support change management using ServiceNow tool.
- Execute monitor and performance tuning (10%)
- Be the Single Point of Contact (SPC) for improvement, optimization, and issues related to IBM Cognos Analytics platform.
- Participate in all phases of development lifecycle and post implementation support (10%)
- Identify and automate tasks using Linux, Teraform, and Puppet. This work includes automation, maintenance, and enhancement of IBM Cognos Analytics platform and database connectivity;
- Manage application security integration with Active Directory/Ldap and Kerberos; and
- Comply with corporate security standards and policy as per laid down instructions.
Collaborate and share knowledge (10%)
- Work and adopt agile methodology and plan and execute Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) for the Cognos Analyltics platform;
- Participate in daily standup meeting with BI platform director, scrum master, and product owners using VersionOne tool;
- Work with Support and Infrastructure teams to resolve any critical performance issue and meet the Release Management Team to discuss Cognos releases;
- Communicate and leverage Cognos Analytics best practices.
- IBM COGNOS
- PROBLEM SOLVING
- BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
- ANALYTICS PLATFORM
- IT INFRASTRUCTURE
- OPERATIONAL SUPPORT
- PERFORMANCE TUNING
- ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS
- SELF MOTIVATED
- TECHNICAL ENGINEERING
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT
- USER ACCESS