Position Details: Data Engineer - 1276195SE
Client Distributed Systems Data Engineer
Client Consumer Digital Engineering & Analytics (CDEA) brings together technology and data-driven solutions that enable Client, Inc.'s digital products and services for its customers. We are the team that works on building the real-time streaming solutions, data products and services for Client.com and our other mobile experiences. Join us in our mission to bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world!
Here are just a few examples of the kinds of projects a Distributed Systems Data Engineer might take on:
- Design and build real-time complex event processing streams to power services for digital data products
- Enable ingestion, transformation, and curation of data into low latency data stores and lambda data architectures
- Build and deploy domain-driven microservices for machine learning consumption
Some combination of these qualifications and technical skills will position you well for this role:
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Strong experience in Java, Scala, Go, Python, etc.
- Experience building domain-driven Microservices
- Experience with data modeling in different data stores and the Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience working with NoSQL data stores such as HBase, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience working with Big Data processing frameworks such as Spark, Hive, etc.
- Experience working with Big Data streaming frameworks such as Nifi, Spark-Streaming, Flink, etc.
- Experience working with Big Data streaming services such as Kinesis, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with performance and scalability tuning
- Experience working with schema evolution, serialization, and validation with file formats such as JSON, Parquet, Avro, etc.
- Experience working in a public cloud environment, particularly AWS
- Familiarity with practices like Continuous Development, Continuous Integration and Automated Testing
- Familiarity with build tools such as Cloud Formation and automation tools such as Jenkins
- Familiarity with Git and version control
- Agile/Scrum Application Development experience
- An interest in artificial intelligence and machine learning
These are the characteristics that we strive for in our own work, and we would love to hear from candidates who embody some of them:
- Desire to work collaboratively with your teammates to come up with the best solution to a problem
- Demonstrated experience and ability to deliver results on multiple projects in a fast-paced agile environment
- Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong desire to learn and share knowledge with others