WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a passionate, experienced and forward-thinking Senior Mobile Engineer to be part of Marketing Technology Organization who will help us to build premium, cutting edge native experiences. The successful candidate is both deeply experienced with Android or iOS development and loves mentoring and coaching others.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
• Provide technical leadership in evaluation, conceptualization, design and development of features.
• Lead the breakdown of stories into technical design and implementation tasks and participate in sprint planning and other scrum ceremonies.
• Drive for continuous improvement in performance, scalability, extensibility, reliability, and usability of features.
• Work with application privacy and security teams to ensure the application is properly architected and maintained.
• Provide strong technical leadership and mentorship to develop the capabilities of team members.
• Develops a solid understanding of tertiary domains.
• Exemplify how to write and review code and act on data feedback to decide what to build next.
• Monitor and support health of mobile apps in production.
• Ensures knowledge sharing within the team and across teams (e.g., internal presentations to large audiences, detailed blogs, and common inter-team resources).
• Use agile methodology concepts for quality, delivery and continuous improvement.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related Engineering field.
• 5+ years software engineering experience.
• 2+ years of progressive experience leading teams, including motivating and technical mentoring of other team members.
• 3+ years of professional experience developing consumer-facing mobile applications in iOS or Android.
• Expert in mobile development for either Android or iOS with expert skills in Kotlin or Swift and modern iOS or Android SDK stacks.
• Experience with profiling tools to identify inefficiencies and improve app stability is a plus
• Experience developing, delivering, and supporting native Mobile applications by integrating REST APIs, push notifications and multithreaded experiences.
• Deep understanding of multi-threading, memory management, networking, caching, performance optimization, localization, and security for Mobile applications.
• Experience with modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, test driven development and automated integration tests.
• Well versed with Agile methodology.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively connect with both business and technical teams.
• e-Commerce experience is a plus.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
We are a highly agile group made up of small integrated product, design, and engineering teams. Our teams take features all the way from the drawing board to the consumer, partnering closely and continuously with a wide variety of hardware, software, and services teams. If what we need doesn’t exist, we make it from new user interfaces, frameworks, and services, to new teams and ways of working. To succeed with us you should be open-minded, thoughtful, collaborative and, above all, determined to produce great work for a global audience. If that sounds like you, get in touch