Position Details: Technology Program Manager III - 1278308N
Client is looking for an experienced project manager to manage multiple cross-functional infrastructure initiatives. The ideal candidate would also have experience managing software projects. As a Project Manager in IT Services, you will have the opportunity to work with teams of professionals implementing solutions to support multiple initiatives. You will be responsible for engaging with internal clients to advise and shape projects to meet their needs, and then to lead a team to deliver those projects so that then exceeds customer expectations.
Prior hands-on experience building and maintaining such environments is required.
- Creating and maintaining a detailed project schedule.
- Planning meetings, publishing minutes, following-up on action items.
- Managing scope, schedule, resources changes during the project
- Issue and risks management, tracking and reporting.
- Coordinating changes with cross-functional business teams.
- Oversee daily management of infrastructure projects including networking, servers, storage, and security located in remote data centers.
- Successfully executing projects to agreed time, scope, and quality.
- Managing project work and resources to enable successful and timely completion of the project
- Communicating with project teams, management, and stakeholders including implementing and working through defined governance processes.
- Serve as an escalation point
- Identify appropriate resolution to achieve satisfaction in a timely manner
- Monitor and manage end-to-end delivery of programs and projects sponsored by one or more customer groups to scope and time
- Enforce standard methodologies, processes and tools
- Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring, and direction to project team members
- Provide weekly status reporting for key IT initiatives, deliverables, risk, and issues
- Manage external suppliers and their resources related to a given project
- Experience in applying IT methodologies (waterfall, iterative, agile)
- Experience managing across the full systems development life cycle – initiate and plan, elaborate, design, build, test, deploy, and support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
- Analytical skills and problem-solving skills needed to manage multiple factors on a project simultaneously
- IT background and fast learner with an understanding of technology
- Ability to work in a team environment and bring about consensus on contradicting views
- Demonstrated ability to work with globally dispersed virtual project teams
- High degree of tolerance for ambiguity in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment
- Ability to communicate and manage up (Executive/Senior Management), down (Project Team), and across (Peer Groups, Stakeholders, etc.)
- Microsoft Office proficient, including MS Project and Visio
- 10+ years of experience as technical project manager who has extensive experience working in an IT environment.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects in cloud environments where designed and stood up
- Demonstrated experience in working with teams to design solutions based on SaaS, PaaS or IaaS
- Experience in creating a DevOps delivery team as part of the cloud efforts
- Strong background in hands-on infrastructure build/support required.
- Awareness of information security best practices preferred.
- Experienced and comfortable with Agile methodology
- Must be a self-starter and independent
- The individual must have the ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and summarize & document them clearly.
- PMP Certification desired
- Agile Framework (Scrum and/or Kanban board) experience required with Scrum Master certification and/or other related certification like SAFe etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a similar field. Masters preferred