Position Details: Sr. Insider Threat Analyst -1270577N
SECTION 1: WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a Sr. Insider Threat Analyst. This role is a critical team member in Client’s Corporate Information Security group and supports Client’s Insider Threat program. The Sr. Insider Threat Analyst will conduct technical analysis and investigate user activity data and alerts to identify indicators of data compromise or loss of Client Intellectual Property. In addition to producing investigative leads, Analyst will review data in support of security inquiries and data loss prevention alerts.
We’re seeking a high character, self-motivated, and results-oriented professional who thrives in a high-impact, high-reward environment. The successful candidate will bring a high level of passion for building and driving the operations of the Insider Threat Operations team. A solid communications foundation is a must, and we are looking for a person who is motivated to work the details to ensure our organization operates effectively. In addition, the candidate will get to work alongside truly talented teams and help them enhance their performance by promoting collaboration, innovation and a sense of ownership.
SECTION 2: WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
If this is you, you’ll be working with the Insider Threat Operations team and performing these key tasks:
- Analysis and Assessment. Conduct all-source analysis, cyber analysis, and investigative analysis. Coordinate the application of insider risk models and assign risk levels for insiders. Access and integrate information from client’s network monitoring tools and other data analytics tools and sources to decipher underlying trends or uncover anomalies and discern obscure patterns and attributes.
- Data Triage. Conduct data triage of anomalous events collected by approved User Activity Monitoring (UAM), Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and other client network and endpoint monitoring tools. Elevate and investigate anomalous events of concern.
- Insider Threat Investigations. Support insider threat investigation according to requirements in the established policies and procedures. Document findings in written reports.
- Analytic Case Support. Conduct case support to client’s insider threat activities and requirements pursuant to investigations, administrative or security inquiries, security risk assessments, or other adjudicative assessments.
- Briefings and Reports. Prepare and present analysis, in the form of briefings and reports. Briefings and reports must be free from style and grammatical errors, shall address all investigative and analytical findings, and be suitable for publication to client stakeholders.
SECTION 3: WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH
ITO team members and other key stakeholders; CIS Ops Teams, Resilience, Legal, HR, Governance, Data Protection etc.
This role reports into the Insider Threat Operations team within Corporate Information Security.
SECTION 4: WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree in Intelligence, Social Sciences, Computer Sciences or a related field
- Experience with analytical problem solving and familiarity with conducting operations relating to insider threat, counterintelligence investigations, or counterespionage.
- Familiarity with data analytics tools used for insider threat information collection on computer networks or knowledge of other insider threat risk scoring data analytics tools and programs.
- Understanding of insider threat analysis, user activity data, and DLP data.
- Experience with the modus operandi of insider threat and associated capabilities and motivations.
- Experience in support of government or large corporate Insider Threat Programs.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, including the ability to influence and motivate others in a cross-functional team (both directly and indirectly)
- Ability to establish an independent view, while effectively collaborating with peers in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills and experience creating and presenting executive reports and briefings
- Vision to anticipate problems and provide workable solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication, as well as information-seeking skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to drive recommendations
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel; Mac skills also highly preferred