Global Retail SD Telephony System Specialist
Become a Part of the Client, Inc. Team
Client, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Client, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
SECTION 1: WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
As the Global Retail SD Telephony System Specialist, you will partner with the Global Retail Technology Operations & Support core teams as well as key resolver teams
SECTION 2: WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
A typical day/week includes the following:
- Provide Tier I and II levels of break/fix support for the enterprise on client’s telephony systems (Indicate telephony system - Cisco, Verizon, Avaya, Nortel, Vonage etc.)
- Possess expert knowledge of phone systems and devices
- Will perform system analysis and troubleshoot root cause of landline and occasionally Voice-over-IP and device connections. Root cause analysis can and frequently requires ITS 2 to determine if additional resources are required from telecomm engineering, vendors, or additional field technician support; May guide and direct the technicians in the troubleshooting process
- Provides Install/Move/Add/Change (I/M/A/C) Support Services – Process ongoing M/A/C’s through carrier specifications and notifications, Remedy ticket requests, trouble tickets, work orders
- Work with clients and client’s stakeholder teams supporting project/bulk relocations as well as individual moves
- Plan, provide, and ensure continuous voice connectivity in the enterprise including:
- Coordinates with users to determine requirements
- Makes decisions on recommendations for programs and projects development and implementation
- Working independently and with teams to capture business and system requirements and implement voice programs
- Administer and maintain asset management records and other databases to generate telecommunication detail reports
- Directly supports department goals and objectives for all groups in the enterprise. Goals are related to facility telephony cutover due dates; project team startups and new/existing facility moves. The responsibilities include:
- Determining class of service requirements (what type of options are available to the user: dial-9 outside access, long-distance access, etc.) for a given user
- Working with managers, project planners, outside contractors and client telecommunications technicians to determine telephony footprint for a given individual or group
- This can be advising that the project planner needs to request additional physical infrastructure due to changing facility requirements or directing outside contractors to make changes to physical device deployments
- Ensuring that allocated telephony provides the appropriate amount of numbers and services for a given move or group and coordinating with telecomm engineering and/or project planner when these allocations are not met
- Providing recommendations for additional capacity based on the availability of numbers and/or services dependent on pre-established infrastructure deployment
- Legacy telecom and VoIP certification and/or training; (indicate telephony systems being used
- Knowledge/experience with (indicate other systems being used) and PBX fundamentals and knowledge is a plus
- All break/fix and IMAC tickets/requests are completed in timely manner
- Develop and assist in creation and updates to new and current documentation
- Primary Location of work: WHQ (Oregon)
SECTION 3: WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH
- You will develop strong partnerships with Service Delivery Managers on/offshore
- Provides Tier I and II level technical support for the Company’s voice and related data communications network (incidents and requests)
- Responsible for analyzing, configuring, maintaining, and restoring of Voice/Telephony infrastructure and supporting components. This may include VoIP and related LAN or WAN infrastructure components, such as routers, switches, servers and other devices, Network Layer 1, 2, and 3, and related protocols; as well as traditional voice related systems (PBX’s, trunking, voicemail).
- Maintains journey level expertise and technical proficiency, and provides technical direction and knowledge sharing with others.
- Develop and maintain documentation associated with individual and teamwork processes as well as technical documentation and knowledge management articles based on issues resolved at the Tier II levels
SECTION 4: WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Must possess a minimum of 6 years’ experience in voice network design and implementation
- Broad knowledge in telephony systems and specifically (indicate what telephony system is being used); Voice mail systems knowledge and experience as well
- Broad knowledge of the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) and telecommunications carriers operations, processes, and procedures.
- Knowledge of voice trunking, such as CO/DID, ISDN PRI, SIP; and OPS/FEX services.
- Knowledge of traffic engineering, call volume forecasting, and the ability to ensure that trunking capacity is sized for reliable and cost-effective service.
- Must demonstrate experience working with Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and (indicate telephony system being used) and products
- Demonstrate knowledge of technical design including, message/transaction standards, organization of physical addresses, classes of service, system parameters, trunking, feature codes, capabilities of station equipment types, key layout tables, and voice mail configuration requirements to develop and describe, optimize design and code to ensure performance levels, and perform formal and informal design reviews
- Must have and demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and be customer focused to understand and appropriately respond to clients business needs, facilitate the presentation of recommendations, and negotiate and resolve conflict with others
- Voice Operations is a 7 x 24 operation and off hours support may be required; must be available and accessible (i.e. cell phone, etc.) during off hours at times
- Demonstrate the ability to take initiative and accountability for results
- Must be proficient in Microsoft suite of products (i.e., Exchange, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint, etc.) and Client collaboration tools (i.e., Slack, MS Teams, Box, Confluence, etc.)
Client, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Client offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Client employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world. Client, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.