ABOUT THE POSITION
Although we're an apparel and footwear focused company, technology is central to everything we do. Client's Global Information Services (GIS) teams enable an IT infrastructure across four global brands, a global supply chain, and 500+ geographically dispersed stores. These teams support in-store, mobile, and data platforms to enhance customer interface and service in an ever-evolving industry.
As client’s Infrastructure technologies evolve, we need to ensure we have a technically sound, innovative, and scalable plan to meet future demands. The IaaS team is looking for two (2) Infrastructure Product Managers, to help design the overall strategic vision for a collection of infrastructure technologies such as Network, Datacenter, Server, Storage, and Cloud technologies. You’ll work in conjunction with Enterprise Architecture and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) service owners and engineers to define platform design objectives which meet technical and business goals and build consensus on priorities, drive and support system reliability, availability, scale, and performance activities.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Serve as client’s subject matter expert for a collection of infrastructure technologies
- Define the vision for these technologies informed by industry & vendor trends and emerging strategies
- Create and maintain multi-year technology roadmaps
- Map and align technology roadmaps to maximize business value for client.
- Incorporate governance strategies for technology lifecycle, security, compliance, operational performance, and user experience
- Maintain a strong pulse of technology and operational impediments for remediation and optimization
- As product owner, support infrastructure engineering scrum teams and associated project epics
- Inject innovative, cost-effective solution designs which meet current and future security and compliance obligations
- Engage with IaaS leadership, Global Information Systems leadership, and client business units on corporate initiatives, objectives, and organizational priorities and their underlying business drivers
- A subject matter expert that is passionate about transformative infrastructure technologies
- A creative thought leader that is consultative in their approach
- An evangelist that drives common vision, practices, and capabilities across teams
- Driven to educate others, highly collaborative, and experienced with Agile and scrum
- An active listener and collaborator
- An excellent communicator that can document and present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- An analytic thinker and problem solver who enjoys diving into problems and finding creative solutions
- Highly structured with the ability to organize others around you
- 5+ years of experience in complex technical product management and/or infrastructure technology leadership
- Experience driving roadmap strategy and definition, developing technical requirements, product roadmaps and backlogs, and end-to-end product delivery
- 5+ years of experience leading and interacting with cross-functional and dispersed teams contributing to engineering discussions around technology strategy and tradeoff decisions related to a product
- Deep technical knowledge of infrastructure services and distributed systems which may include prior hands on experience as a Solutions Architect, Systems/Network Engineer or Cloud Engineer.
Must be fully knowledgeable and able to vision & strategize, design & plan, and build & own IT solutions in one of these two tracks:
Datacenter/Networking Technologies: VMware, enterprise hardware (Dell, EMC, Cisco, Palo Alto), Windows Server, Ansible, Ansible Tower, CI / CD, WAN/SD-WAN, Wi-Fi, identity access management (IAM), backup (Commvault),datacenter technologies, retail/remote office infrastructure, recovery/business continuity, and infrastructure security
- Or –
Cloud Centric Technologies: Microsoft Azure, Azure DevOps, ADO pipelines, CI / CD, Infrastructure as Code, Azure Landing Zone, Azure services & networking, Cloud Well Architected Frameworks, and cloud security