Position Details: Senior Software Engineer II - 1250252SE
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER II
Does the idea of working on a data platform that integrates data from around the world sound like the challenge you’ve been looking for? If so, come join the Retail Orchestration Platform team. We gather, transform and transmit data within Client’s Retail environment.
Client, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. We’re looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Our culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination.
OUR TEAM ENVIRONMENT
Client Digital Engineering is a big place, and our team plays the role of building mission critical data pipelines that connect Client Retail, Client.com, Client App and Partners stores worldwide with our Enterprize systems, 24/7.
Our production code is written for the JVM using Java and Go, and deployed on Amazon’s AWS infrastructure. We use EC2, Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS and S3 among other AWS services. Our architecture is focused on reliability, resilience and performance.
We approach software using a DevOps model, following industry best practices like Continuous Integration and Observability. We collaborate within our team to help each other learn and grow, encouraging frequent demos, knowledge sharing and mentoring. We also foster relationships with other teams within our ecosystem to drive our shared technology goals.
AS A MEMBER OF THE TEAM, YOU’LL BE EXPECTED TO:
- Successfully operate within our engineering environment and help it evolve over time.
- Review your peers' technical designs, code, and tests, giving supportive feedback and asking good questions.
- Work in a collaborative environment that rewards experiments, initiative, curiosity, and mentoring.
- Leverage your interest in data and data analysis to understand our consumers and how they engage with our ecosystem.
- Practice DevOps ensuring a culture of testing and releasing software on AWS continuously using automation and monitoring.
- Partner with other engineering and product teams to loosely couple and scale the service ecosystem.
- Work with teams dedicated to content management, membership, notification delivery, and digital marketing.
- 5+ years’ software development experience designing, developing and testing complex solutions and code in Web technologies such as Java, Go or similar.
- Experience working in a distributed/cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon EC2, GCE, Azure, etc.)
- Prior experience in designing and implementing web services.
- Experience in micro service architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful Services using languages such as Java.
- Experience working with NoSQL data stores like Cassandra, DynamoDB, or MongoDB.
- Experience with continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests. Continuous delivery experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Scrum and agile principles.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area preferred. 2 years additional relevant professional experience accepted in lieu of degree
- AUTOMATED TESTING
- DEV OPS
- DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS
- ENGINEERING ENVIRONMENT
- EXCELLENT WRITTEN
- RETAIL MARKETING
- SOFTWARE ENGINEER