The Solution Analyst is responsible for ensuring technology solutions address business requirements and achieve the identified business outcomes. This position understands, documents requirements in business requirements documents (BRD), functional specifications and designs and configures platforms to support business requirements. The position has a combination of strong business acumen, application domain knowledge and the ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business language. This role will assist subject matter experts with gap analysis / process definition and system enhancements and will provide a high level of service for break-fix incidents and requests. This role is different than a developer in that it does not “code”; The focus is to “build” a technical solution by taking business requirements and configuring the systems to support the business requirements
This person understands emerging technologies and can identify opportunities to automate and standardize business processes. They assist with educating the IT team on the goals of the business and assist with facilitating communication and alignment between functions and IT from the gathering of initial requirements to final implementation. This person may also manage process conformity, compliance, and is responsible for the development of business and technical process documentation and training materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Gather and document business requirements in business requirements documents (BRD)
• Convert BRD to functional specifications according to the platform being configured
• Establish and maintain relationships with team members within IT and across functional teams
• Configures, designs systems to meet business needs
• Applies system solutions to business requirements through the design and configuration of systems platforms such as ECC and Salesforce and integrated applications. Interacts with processing teams, vendors, and other teams and systems integrated with systems platforms
• This role will assist subject matter experts with gap analysis / process definition and system enhancements and will provide a high level of service for break-fix incidents and requests.
• Responsible for data migration, archiving and reconciliation as needed.
• Works on multiple tasks or projects that are categorized as medium size complexity. Acts as a subject matter expert and may coach more junior staff
• Acts as a subject matter expert
• Coach more junior staff.
• Collect required information to develop work scope around solutions to attain customer requirements along with data expertise as required.
• Communicate systems and procedural changes to end users through excellent written and oral communications
• Lead small work components related to projects
• Develop business and technical process documentation and training materials
• Support and sometimes drive the definition of project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; assist with project budget needs Monitor project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions as directed
• Understand, communicate and reinforce standard business process concepts
• Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Business Analysis, Data Management, BI)
• 2+ years of hands-on experience in supply chain planning or as a consultant providing supply chain solutions for customers
• 2+ years of specific experience working within Blue Yonder (JDA) SCPO (Demand, Order Optimization, Fulfillment, reporting as either a customer of JDA’s or as a consultant implementing JDA solutions for customers.
• Strong business analysis skills, understanding and usage of statistical algorithms awareness of tactical planning on overall supply chain required.
• 2+ years Experience with SAP MM, SAP SD, TMC
• Proven knowledge of Forecasting, Sales and Operations Planning, Inventory Optimization, Supply planning and Logistics and needs Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Have a thorough understanding of business processes and the ability to design, configure, and deploy solutions to support them
• Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems Strong team player
• Strong decision-making abilities
• Process-oriented, systems thinking
• Takes initiative
• Strong business and technical acumen
• Presentation and facilitation skills
• Big picture thinking
• Strong organizational skills
• Strategic thinker (ability to break down complex ideas into smaller pieces)
• Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems
• Ability to set and manage customer expectations
• Good time management skills (i.e., setting priorities)
• Ability to work within a team environment and independently
• Ability to deliver quality results on time, with high attention to detail
• Ability to build consensus and buy-in with key stakeholders
• Ability to think at varying levels, from high-level concepts to low-level details
• Can express business requirements as well-formed user stories and acceptance criteria
• Understanding Behavior-Driven-Design (BDD) process
• Structure requirements to facilitate automation of acceptance tests
• Assess situations, determine the problem(s) and propose a solution that provides value to the business
• Ability to demonstrate Agile delivery values
Agile Delivery Values
• Openness – Team and stakeholders agree to be open about all work and challenges
• Commitment – Personally commit to achieving the goals of the team
• Respect – Respect your team members to be capable and independent
• Courage – You have courage to do the right thing and work on tough problems
• Focus – Everyone focus on the work in the sprint and the goal of the scrum team. Rise and fall as a team
• Master’s Degree
• Experience in systems development lifecycle models such Agile or other traditional project management principles
Specialized Skills and Technologies
• Blue Yonder (JDA) Demand
• Blue Yonder (JDA) Fulfill
• Understanding of and certification in Agile or other traditional project management delivery principles
Client provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.