UX/UI Designer at Client to help build the next generation analytics-driven, planning applications that will bring Client's forward-thinking designs to users in a constantly evolving global marketplace through machine learning and advanced analytics. Specializing in human centered design, you will create accessible, intuitive, and easy-to-use products that connect planners to our consumers. You will join a fast-paced, dynamic team of product managers, planners, software engineers, and data scientists. You will come to understand the role and workflow of your business partners, their systems, resources, toolsets, and their consumer-driven focus and you will get to help redefine their relationship with data and analytics to drive business results.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
As a user experience specialist, you will evangelize the human centered design process and specific methodologies that demonstrate the value of this approach. You will help the team understand the phases of Human Centered Design and how this process will ensure the development of the right product in the most direct course. To be successful you need to:
- Care more about your users’ needs and their experience than your design aesthetic.
- Let your natural curiosity drive you to understand the sophisticated business requirements and constraints that your users need to navigate.
- Be able to move from Empathy to Ideation and Iteration seamlessly and constantly
- Lead creative sessions to capture ideas and focus the team on converging toward testable solutions.
- Drive wireframing and prototyping to test interactions, designs, and user flows to continually improve the efficiency of the system.
At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them, and ensure that the final product meets their needs, while delighting them. In the end, your interface and interaction designs will deliver a product that feels natural and is enjoyable to use while delivering partner value.
Silence doesn't faze you in user interviews, where you're known for building rapport and collecting keen insights from targeted groups of customers. You can map out end-to-end user journeys and identify areas of opportunity to iterate and refine the user experience.
- Collaborate across a matrixed team to understand key needs
- Perform quantitative and qualitative user research
- Define personas, empathy maps, experience maps through user interviews
- Perform usability testing and identify friction points in user-journeys and provide resolution options through A/B testing
- Ability to clearly define the problem, articulate use cases, upshift the design system and user flows
- Define KPI’s and measurement strategy to continually improve the user experience
Tradeoffs must always be made between the business vision, technical capabilities, user needs, and schedule – you partner with product and engineering stakeholders to balance priorities and advocate for the user to give the best experience possible with each iteration.
- Partner with cross-functional team of product managers, business users, and engineers to define and prioritize features supporting business priorities and outcomes
- Facilitate Design-thinking work-sessions in cross-functional teams
- Plan and design Information Architecture for technology solutions
- Navigation design and discovery via journey maps, and sitemaps
You understand that all the elements of a successful system need to come together in the interface and you also have the skills with a suite of modern design tools to get the job done.
- Work across design teams to leverage, and build Design Systems
- Be an Interactive Design wizard, creating solutions that are both efficient and intuitive
- Build mockups, storyboards, wireframes, user-flows, high-fidelity solutions
- Understand how features tie to business objectives not just product design
- Ability to effectively document and hand-off design files to developers and engineers
- 1-2 years of direct UX experience, with agency experience.
- Experienced with modern design tools and workflows (Sketch, InVision, XD and Adobe CC, Figma, etc)
- Experience with design research tools (Google Analytics, New Relic, Hotjar, etc)
- Excellent communication skills to engage with users, engineers, product partners, and stakeholders at all levels
- Experience working within a team to build and maintain a Design System
- Experience in UX facilitation and leading Design Thinking workshops
- Excellent collaboration and relationship leadership skills
- Highly developed empathy, curiosity, and imagination
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity, a fast-paced environment and take initiative
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience design-thinking tools (Mural or Miro) preferred
- Experience with front-end development HTML/CSS, JS/REACT/VUE, etc
- Experience working with Agile software-development processes