Position Details: Enterprise Design Systems Engineer - 1217544T
Enterprise Design Systems Engineer
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking an engineer to join Client's Global Technology organization as an Enterprise Design Systems Engineer to help us drive digital transformation within the Technical Product Experience Design (TPxD) team. This individual will partner with the TPxD Design Team, work cross functionally, and work on the development of reusable components for the Enterprise Design System.
As part of the Client Enterprise Design Systems team, you will help empower engineers and designers by building components and patterns that expand the internal capabilities through the Enterprise Visual Language that is being developed. You will join a fast-paced, dynamic team of UX/UI designers, product managers, engineers, and data scientists. The Enterprise Design Systems team is a product that will fuel other products across employee and internal experiences.
You understand how to build reusable components with a high care for quality when it comes to all aspects of a UI component library.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Build complex frontend features using React and Typescript
- Collaborate with Designers to execute on pixel perfect designs
- Document and communicate how your components behave so that other teams can get the most out of our design system
- Contribute to usage and API documentation for both designers and engineers
- Experience working in Agile software-development process
- Participate in processes and governance
- Can deliver components that are accessible and WCAG AA compliant
- Partner with cross-functional team of engineers and designers to define and prioritize features supporting priorities and outcomes
- Continually improve the efficiency of the system
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
This role would report into the Design function of the Technical Product Management (TPM) organization within Global Technology. You will work directly with the Enterprise Design Systems team that will consists of designers and engineers.
WHAT YOU BRING
The ideal candidate will have experience working with designers when executing on the visual components on the front-end in addition to bringing in their expertise in full-stack development.
- Clean semantic skills when it comes to writing code
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and relationship management skills
- Highly developed empathy, curiosity, and imagination
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity, a fast-paced environment and take initiative
- Impeccable execution and care of the craft when it comes to working with Designers and executing on the work
- Able to make tech decisions through discovery, research, and validation4+ years of direct development experience
- 4+ years of direct development experience
- Experience with front-end development such as HTML/CSS, JS/REACT/VUE, etc
- Experience with back-end development such as Node and/or Python
- Familiarity working on Design Systems and knowledge of frameworks
Nice to haves:
- Experience scaling Design Systems from nothing
- Experience taking a human-centered approach to your work
- Experience with modern design productivity, workflow, and research tools (Figma, Jira, Slack, Miro, Monday, Adobe C, Google Analytics, Hotjar, Crazy Egg, Pendo, etc.)
- Industry experience in retail, supply-chain operations, financial or demand planning
- Strong interaction design skills