Sr. Data Quality Analyst, Enterprise Data Governance
Job Family: Data Governance
Become a Part of the Client, Inc. Team
Client, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Client, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
SECTION 1: WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
You are passionate and curious about data; you look for unique innovative opportunities about data and you understand that high quality data is required to make critical decisions. Trust in our Data means we have an understanding of the quality of the data and the quality of that data evolves, it is not stagnated.
Most importantly, you are a CHAMPION in the application, usage and adoption of data quality capabilities. The Data Quality strategy is the blueprint used to instill a perspective of shared responsibility for the quality of data and a collaborative approach for detecting, assessing, and cleansing data defects required to support business goals.
• You are an Senior Data Quality Analyst in Enterprise Data Governance for Data Quality Services
This role is responsible for the following:
- Obsess Client’s data: Consistent & Trusted is what data quality is all about, across all functions and geographies, you will utilize data profiling and assessment capabilities to elevate the maturity of data quality
- Support the implemention of policies and procedures used to establish strong data quality practices; while meeting business needs and balancing quality of data with risk and cost
- Actively participate in the implementation of the EDG & DQ strategy, management and adherence to Data Quality Management concepts and behaviors across Client’s data and analytics solutions. Utilize knowledge of data needs/requirements and continually expand business understanding as you work to determine effective solutions to data quality challenges
- Partner with Data Governance coaches to execute data quality priorities and ensure proper controls are established as well as activating the intake process for issue / changes related to new quality requirements
- Collaborate as a data governance data quality resource with key partners and the business to understand requirements and find creative and flexible solutions to resolve problems
- Work to elevate greater understanding across the data and analytics and business communities of the role of data governance and the importance of data quality management
- Engage with the industry to learn about best practices, gain insightful competitive and regulatory intelligence to help in building excellence in our governance initiatives
SECTION 2: WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
• If this is you, you’ll be working with the Enterprise Data Governance team and partner closely with EDG Coaches across the globe to implement consistency in data quality strategies and approaches. This may include working with project teams to define data quality requirements as well as ensuring ongoing assessments of data quality.
• A typical day/week involves;
- Defining data quality rules with business stakeholders around the dimensions Client has deemed relevant (Accuracy, Consistency, Completeness, Integrity, Timeliness, Uniqueness)
- Data Profiling examines values, ranges, frequency distributions, divergent metadata, nonstandard record formats, as well as testing the accuracy of business rules and analysis of known issues
- Publishing data quality assessments / dashboards to provide an evaluation on how well the data meets specific quality requirements. Data Quality Assessments support the development and attainment of predefined quality expectations and measure data quality for the most important business data attributes. Focused on key data elements, it targets the level of quality desired and thresholds (the level of quality tolerated).
SECTION 3: WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH
• You will report to the Enterprise Data Governance & Quality Services Director and will be responsible for covering all data product areas in relation to Data Quality capabilities. There are a team of Data Governance Coaches across the globe assigned to various data subject areas; you will primarily partner with them to help ensure interdependencies of data are addressed and to mature EDG capabilities overall.
• You will partner closely with the Asset Management Data Quality Technical team within Enterprise Data Governance as well as Business Leaders / Stewards who own the data and Technical Stewards responsible for the implementation of systems that originate the data.
SECTION 4: WHAT YOU BRING
Lay out the requirements
- Bachelor's degree in business or a technical discipline, or equivalent level of experience in data analyst, data quality, data governance, or related field.
- One of the following alternatives may be accepted:
- PhD or Law + 3 year;
- Masters + 4 years;
- Associates + 6 years;
- High School + 7 years’ experience
- 4 years of relevant experience implementing data governance and/or data quality standards, practices, and support models to achieve business objectives
- Solid understanding of Data Quality and Data Management concepts
- Knowledge of Data Quality software and systems; preferred Informatica IDQ, Tableau (or other visualization tools)
- Knowledge of large scale enterprise applications using big data open source solutions such as Hadoop, Snowflake, Spark, etc.. and how to analyze data contained within these solutions
- Experience of SQL, PySpark (Python) and one or more of these DB’s - Oracle, MySQL, Teradata
- Proven ability to work with business and analytics leaders to identify and align on workable business solutions to data quality requirements and challenges
- Ability to successfully champion the role of data quality & governance in building and preserving data integrity
- Experience with data and information/content implementations involving collaborative solutions, predictive analytics and BI reporting, machine learning, knowledge systems, big data and the use of diverse sources of data/content
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal skills with proven ability to educate, inform, persuade, and achieve understanding and buy-in on data quality/data governance needs across different functions, levels and customers
- Experience in leading projects with a team-focused approach - with the ability to prioritize, organize and manage deadlines
- Experience or demonstrated passion for working with data
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data quality
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
Client, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Client offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the
location, or the role, every Client employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world. Client, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
- DATA ANALYSIS
- DATA VISUALIZATION
- DATA QUALITY