Expert, Enterprise Data Governance – Materials
Job Family: Data Governance
Become a Part of the Client, Inc. Team
Client, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Client, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
SECTION 1: WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
You are passionate and curious about data, you look for unique innovative opportunities about data and you understand that high quality data is required to make critical decisions. You keep top of mind the humanity behind the data and collaborate cross-functionally for collective expertise across business, technology and project management – the whole is better than the sum of the parts. Most importantly, you are a CHAMPION in the application, usage and adoption of data governance capabilities.
You are an Expert in Data Governance for our Material data subject area; what materials are used in our products, how are materials procured, manufactured, supplied, and sold to our consumers.
This role is responsible for the following:
- Obsess Client’s Material data: what data, where is it and who is using it across all functions and geographies
- Lead the strategy, management and adherence of the availability, usability, integrity, and security of the data employed to support the Client business, ensuring we are meeting business needs while balancing quality, risk and cost within Material data
- Establish Material data governance structures & operating mechanisms to continually mature the data & sustain ongoing data improvement
- Champion the application, usage and adoption of data governance capabilities within Material data including data catalog, business glossary, data discovery, data lineage, security frameworks and data quality
- Continually focus Material data governance and quality priorities on the most critical Client data assets to unlock business value
- Own the ongoing improvement in the consistency and integrity of Material data through data standards, thresholds & reporting
- Create and sustain relationships with diverse business stakeholders to understand current and anticipate future business needs, understand requirements and define relevant strategic questions
- Run the operating model to sustain ongoing Material data improvement including chairing various Data Governance meetings, identifying data owners, business and technical data stewards and maintaining strong relationships across Sales, Marketing, Client Direct, Sourcing & Manufacturing, Procurement, Planning, Geos, Technology & Analytics functions
- Collaborate with senior management in developing recommendations around policies, standards and framework for data governance, and implement and maintain a data governance structure aligned to enterprise data governance
- Engage with the industry to learn about best practices, gain insightful competitive and regulatory intelligence to help in building excellence in our governance and quality initiatives
SECTION 2: WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
• If this is you, you’ll be working with the Enterprise Data Governance team and partner closely with Geographies to implement consistency in Data Governance strategy and approach.
• A typical day/week involves tasks that normally are a combination of identifying stakeholders and data stewards, partnering with Information Management to understand the data lifecycle, establishing and/or maturing data governance & data quality capabilities, and enterprise data definition and alignment activities.
SECTION 3: WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH
• You will report to the Enterprise Data Goverance & Quality Services Director and will be responsible for covering 3 dimensional data product areas; Customer, Vendor and Location. There are a team of Data Governance Coaches across the globe assigned to various data subject areas; all here to help each other succeed and ensure interdependencies of data are addressed
• You will partner with core Data & Analytics teams in Customer, Vendor and Location within Enterprise Data & Analytics (Information Management, Information Architects, Data Product Directors, Data Strategy) as well as Business Leaders / Stewards who own the data and Technical Stewards responsible for the implementation of systems that orginate the data.
SECTION 4: WHAT YOU BRING
Lay out the requirements
- Bachelor's degree in business or a technical discipline, or equivalent level of experience in a data analysis/administration, data quality, data governance, or related field.
- One of the following alternatives may be accepted:
- PhD or Law + 6 year;
- Masters + 7 years;
- Associates + 9 years;
- High School + 10 years experience
- 8-9 years of relevant experience implementing data governance standards, practices, and support models to achieve business objectives
- Proven ability to work with business and analytics leaders to identify and align on workable business solutions to data quality requirements and challenges
- Ability to successfully champion the role of data governance in building preserving data integrity
- Experience with data and information/content implementations involving collaborative solutions, predictive analytics and BI reporting, machine learning, knowledge systems, big data and the use of diverse sources of data/content
- Strong process orientation and project management skills to manage multiple project streams
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies
- Expert interpersonal, written and verbal skills with proven ability to educate, inform, persuade, and achieve understanding and buy-in on data quality/data governance needs across different functions, levels and customers
- Extensive experience in leading projects with a team-focused approach - with the ability to prioritize, organize and manage deadlines
- Experience or demonstrated passion for working with data
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
Client, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Client offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the
location, or the role, every Client employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world. Client, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.