Position Details: Platform Observability Engineer - 1179369SE
As our Platform Observability Engineer team, you will be directly responsible for architecting and implementing a portfolio of services required to support the Client Technology’s enterprise class platforms. Working with the Client business and technology teams, you will obtain a detailed understanding of critical Client’s business processes and applications, user experiences and the technologies required to deliver these technology services to the end users and customers.
You will collaborate with key stakeholders to architect and implement solutions to measure performance of business and technology metrics that ensure our platforms are operating at peak efficiency; you will configure and develop technology performance management solutions using state-of-the-art technology monitoring tools; you will be instrumental in developing performance monitoring tool extensions and integrating of key performance monitoring data to create a holistic view of application performance across all application and infrastructure tiers; you will be responsible for on-going operations of our performance monitoring applications, configuration and deployment of new or existing tools, and establishment of reusable development and deployment frameworks. You will bring a passion for designing standardized monitoring service processes and will be a key player in evolving the stability and reliability of the Business Intelligence and Data Visualization platforms.
- Responsible for implementing technical application performance monitoring solutions to visualize the operational heath of Cognos, Tableau, TM1, OneSource Alteryx and Metric Insights platforms.
- Develop appropriate taxonomies of the application and infrastructure landscapes.
- Develop and/or configure required techniques to implement proactive controls that detect process and/or application and system faults.
- Work across the Business Intelligence and Data Visualization Platform Engineering teams to establish standard configuration and deployment methodology
- Responsible developing appropriate interfaces and/or implementation of vendor supplied /custom plug-ins to share performance data across the various monitoring platforms.
- Responsible for maintaining and upgrading application monitoring platforms
- Responsible for development and/or configuration of custom monitoring dashboards and dashboard sub-components.
- Configuration of appropriate performance alerts.
- Provide subject matter expertise monitoring platform data collection on performance monitoring platforms
- Responsible for evaluating new monitoring tools and/or techniques, integration with existing monitoring tools
- Works with other Enterprise Platform teams to deploy monitoring tools, provides guidance on monitoring best practices, provides oversight to ensure established frameworks are utilized.
- As needed, delivers or assists the Operation Intelligence team in developing reports or dashboards that track key monitoring performance indicators (KPIs).
- Builds a high-performing monitoring infrastructure
- Conducts monitoring platform capacity planning as necessary.
- Subject matter expert in triaging and troubleshooting techniques across a diverse platform portfolio, provides knowledge based articles on troubleshoot techniques, and trains support personnel on these techniques.
- Manage and report status of key initiatives within the performance monitoring engineering portfolio.
- Develops the skills and organizational knowledge to become a trusted performance management consultant and where needed, to resolves issues and provide information to other teams.
- Develops and maintains relationships with architecture, infrastructure and solution delivery teams.
- Ensures monitoring processes and platforms are SOX, PCI compliant and SOX, PCI procedures are followed
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IS, Business, or a related field
- Experience with configuring or extending observability tools such as New Relic, SignalFX, Splunk, PagerDuty
- 4 years development experience with Java or .net applications preferred
- Working knowledge of AWS Services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills demonstrated by an ability to work well virtually with both on shore and off shore teams
- Ability to travel globally 5% annually
- Ability to pass a 7 year background check