Position Details: iOS Engineer
- We follow agile practices and focus on continual improvement in our practices, driven from the ground up. We expect you to advocate for improvements in code and culture, and to support your colleagues in the same.
- We enjoy TDD, pairing, code reviews, and other techniques to maintain high-quality code and resiliency as a team. Quality is more than just code coverage, and everyone is responsible for keeping the bar high.
- Able to own a feature of an iOS application and develop it fully
- Work well with team members (including some that are remote) and other teams, dividing up workload appropriately.
- Design and build the next generation of our mobile applications
- Partner and collaborate with other organizations throughout Client
- Deal with complex systems while helping the rest of the team navigate ambiguity in requirements
- Mentor other engineers while raising the bar on the team’s discipline and technical excellence
During our interviews, expect to discuss and demonstrate that you're able to meet these qualifications:
- 3+ years of software design and development experience working on a team
- 3+ years of experience developing and integrating with web services and databases
- 5 years of professional software development, working in teams with a mix of engineers and non-engineers.
- 3 years writing iOS applications with Swift on iOS (some Objective-C a plus), preferably with a focus on e-commerce and service-driven architecture. Please provide links to any apps you've published or open-source projects you've contributed to! We're excited to see what you've built.
- An established foundation in iOS, Swift (some experience with Objective-C is great), as well as fluency in Agile engineering practices and delivery.
- Proven working knowledge of mobile application design considerations and mobile UX patterns especially on iOS
- Experience with XCode profilers, debuggers (e.g. Charles), revision control systems (e.g. Git), and bug tracking (e.g. Jira)
- Evidence that you can deliver on challenging, long term projects. A degree is great, but not necessary for most of the work we do. We'll happily consider equivalent professional experience.
- Interest and enthusiasm about making Client a better marketplace for everyone, everywhere.
- Must have great communication skills and the ability to work well with others