Position Details: Senior Software Engineer - 1189413F
Senior Software Engineer
- Design and development of a technical solution for our analytics platform on the AWS cloud that aligns with architectural and quality standards, and effectively integrates solutions delivered with adjacent and tertiary solutions/technologies.
- Independently identifies, defines, directs, and/ or performs analysis to resolve complex, first-time issues in his or her area(s) of expertise.
- Ensures knowledge sharing within the team and across teams.
- Brings technical knowledge into the organization from external sources and links new, emerging technologies with business needs.
- Implement full DevOps culture of Build, Test automation with continuous integration and deployment.
Required Job Qualifications
- Linux: 5 or more years in Unix systems engineering with experience in Red Hat Linux, Centos or Ubuntu.
- Big Data: 3 year operational experience with the Hadoop stack (Spark, Hive, Ranger, Sentry, HDFS).
- AWS: Working experience and good understanding of the AWS environment, including VPC, EMR, EC2, EBS, S3, RDS, SQS, Cloud Formation, Lambda and HBase.
- Container Runtimes: Hands-on experience with container runtimes, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Programming: Experience programming microservices or APIs with java, Python, Scala.
- AWS EMR: Experience in Amazon EMR cluster configuration.
- DevOps Automation: Experience with DevOps - Orchestration/Configuration Management and CI/CD tools (Jenkins, CircleCI, Atlantis, Puppet, Jenkins, Troposphere, Terraform, Serverless, etc.).
- Networking: Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking, SMTP, HTTP and HTTPS, load-balancers (ELB, HAProxy), NGINX and high availability architecture.
- Monitoring: Hands on experience with monitoring tools such as AWS CloudWatch, SignalFx and Splunk.
- Version Control: Working experience with one or more version control platforms (Bitbucket, Github).
- ETL: Job scheduler experience like Airflow or Data Pipeline. Nice to have Airflow experience.
- Security: Experience implementing role based security, including AD integration, security policies, and auditing in a Linux/Hadoop/AWS environment.
- Backup/Recovery: Experience with the design and implementation of big data backup / recovery solutions.
- Ability to keep systems running at peak performance, upgrade operating system, patches, and version upgrades as required.
- Lead other admins and platform engineers through design and implementation decisions to achieve balance between strategic design and tactical needs.
- Research and deploy new tools and frameworks to build a sustainable big data platform.
- Agile/Scrum/Kanban experience.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of success in fast-moving organizations with complex technology applications.
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Product Managers, QA and Engineering teams to deliver results.
- MS/BS in Computer Science or related field.