Position Details: Site Reliability Engineer-1137406O
As the Site Reliability Engineer - you will use your expertise in full stack application support to provide meaningful health and performance metrics, that will continuously drive reliability and consumer experience improvements. You will work across teams to proactively identify and troubleshoot incidents within the stack (consumer and non-consumer facing). The team provides day-to day operational activities in a dynamic global 24x7 environment. Important to the role is the ability to identify, evaluate, and execute preventive measures to minimize/avoid impact to the consumer experience. As a reliability engineer, you will enable and lead the critical incident and problem management process where you will engage appropriate colleagues, vendors, and leadership teams to restore service, manage root cause analysis and recommend solutions for long term fix. You will also provide support during product launches and releases, prepare reports for management, identify risks/solutions, and make recommendations for continual improvement.
What we're looking for:
- Practical expertise in managing and leading application reliability practices for consumer facing web and mobile experiences
- Ability to work across teams to continuously analyze system performance in production, troubleshoot consumer reported issues, and proactively identify areas in need of optimization
- Previous experience with developing and driving real time monitoring solutions that provide visibility into site health and key performance indicators
- Working understanding of IT service management (Incident, Problem, Change and Knowledge management
- Ability to lead a technical team of support engineers through day to day operations and critical incidents
- Prior experience with agile methodologies, performance engineering and automation tools
- Highly confident and capable in reporting and communicating high value metrics to leadership. Deep understanding of the business landscape and how site reliability influences our consumers.
- 3-5+ years' experience in building cloud-based enterprise systems, ideally on AWS.
- Proficient in Java 8 and newer
- Experience with other modern enterprise languages (functional or other – Scala, Python, Golang, etc.)
- Basic understanding of most of the following: ServiceNow, Jira, Jenkins, Splunk, New Relic, SignalFx, or equivalent Application Performance Monitoring Tool
- Familiarity with XCode, Android studio, Swift/,Kotlin, Charles proxy is a plus
- Background with ITIL or Lean a plus
- 3-5+ years’ technical experience working with consumer facing (e-commerce) mobile /web applications
Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or a related field; MBA a plus. Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience.