This position is responsible for the support and maintenance of the overall eCommerce eco-system focusing on the infrastructure, web, middleware, and application layers and their interactions. This is a highly collaborative position working with other areas of IS to implement technology solutions, resolve site issues and deploy releases into production. The eCommerce Operations Analyst is responsible for analyzing and resolving issues; and recommending and implementing improvements for site performance, viability and health.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
- Participates in the ongoing process of investigating, analyzing and providing long term resolutions to site issues.
- Coordinates across teams, working closely with peers to ensure the appropriate focus and sense of urgency is applied to all production issues.
- Works with third party suppliers and vendors for support, upgrades and implementations.
- Works closely with business teams regarding site content.
- Provides operational support for WebSphere Commerce Server, WebSphere Application Server and Sterling Order Management.
- Provides infrastructure support for backend Windows based Order Management System.
- Participates in rotating on-call support.
- Works with Engineers and Solution Analysts to implement and support new capabilities.
- Follows Enterprise standards for Security and Best Practices.
- Seeks opportunities to learn, automate, document, share, educate, and improve processes where appropriate.
- Quickly develops a comprehensive understanding of the applications and infrastructure within the eCommerce environment and how they impact member experience, site performance, stability, and quality.
- Works closely with application and infrastructure teams to stay informed of changes that could affect site functionality and viability.
- Regular and reliable workplace attendance at your assigned location.
- Assists in other areas of the department as necessary
- Assists in other areas of the company as necessary
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong proven leadership/team building & personnel development skills.
- Innovative, creative, and extremely responsive with a strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Responsible, conscientious and possess a passion for excellence.
- 2+ years’ of experience provisioning and supporting complex pre-production or production environments, preferably in an eCommerce environment.
- Experience with scripting frameworks and languages such as KornShell, Python, Bash, or Powershell.
- Experience with workflow automation and orchestration.
- Demonstrated ability to perform systems analysis on high availability pre-production environments within an enterprise setting.
- Experience in analyzing system performance data for performance characteristics.
- Ability to collaborate with architecture, database, and application teams regarding all pre-production environments.
- Ability to explain complex solutions to an audience with a wide variety of technical skills and background.
- Ability to guide and mentor others through the design, build and implementation phases of system deployments.
- Detail-oriented and possess strong problem solving skills, with the ability to analyze a situation for potential future problems.
- Must be extremely responsive, with a strong sense of urgency.
- Must be innovative, creative and possess a passion for excellence.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, able to work with people at all management levels.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and in a crisis situation.
- Must have the ability to analyze a situation for potential future problems.
- Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- 24x7x365 operations - evening, weekend, holiday and on-call will be required in a rotational approach.
- 2+ years’ experience with Windows, Unix and/or Linux, preferably AIX or Red Hat.
- 2+ years’ experience working with IBM WAS (WebSphere Application Server), IHS (IBM HTTP Server), or equivalent.
- 2+ years’ experience supporting Sterling OMS solutions in existing environments.
- 2+ years’ experience supporting Windows Server 2012, BizTalk Server 2013, IIS 8.0, MSMQ, SQL Server 2012, System Center Orchestrator 2012.
- Configuration/Administrator level knowledge using Sterling Order Management components, API's, related interfaces and configuration.
- Exposure to virtual environment management such concepts and tools such as PowerVM and VMWare.
- Exposure to middleware technologies such as MQ Messaging, Message Broker or equivalent.
- Ability to collaborate with other technical experts and develop solution and functional design documents to support development of final solutions.
- General understanding of networking and troubleshooting networking issues.
- General understanding of network technologies such as BigIP, DHCP and DNS.
- General understanding of Active Directory (AD).
- General understanding of performance and functional testing environments.
- Unix administration or certification.
- IBM WebSphere Application Server certification.
- WebSphere Commerce Server experience a plus.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk, Tivoli, and Dynatrace.
- Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.